cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Promote Participant List

hansberg
1-Newbie

Promote Participant List

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to limit the Participant List (6th step in promote)? I want to be able to select one person from a list of definied users (driven by a team role or group or ...). Whatever settings I test I allways get all users in the Context Team (if the preference Group Member Display is set to Yes).

I have tried many settings in the workflow, team tab and preferences. But whatever I set I get the whole context team to select from.

Any Ideas anyone?

Best Regards,

Hans Berg

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Hans,

I'm assuming you are on 9.0/9.1 installation of Windchill as I have run into the same problem in the past. We had thought a basic customization of this page would be easy to limit the participants but PTC no longer supports customization in this area because it is built on technology they are phasing out.

Our requirement was to list reviewers individually only. So we created groups for all other roles within the context and then listed all reviewers individually under the reviewer role on the team page. Once the team page was configured in that manner, we could use the filter on the promote participant page to limit the view to users only (thus showing only reviewers). You need to make sure the Group Members Display preference under Promotion Process is set to No to make sure other groups and roles are not exploded into the user list though.

It's not the ideal solution but a possible work around depending on your requirements.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:hansberg)

One word of warning...
"Organization" is listed as a selection. It's very easy for someone to select this - and EVERY USER IN THE ORGANIZATION gets a Promotion Request approval assignment.

No way to disable this from showing that we could find or that tech support could suggest.

Regarding PTC response, I was told by the Product Line Manager that I was the only one who had an issue with the change with setup participant interface back in when PTC just released 9.0 F000. I told the PTC Product Line Manager that that the WC 9.0/9.1 new UI is horrible and not scalable. Either revert it back to WC8.0 applet functionality After even further testing, we found out that the resource pool functionality to select ateam or multiple teams does not work. Because the OIR only points to a single default team conflicts with that functionality. We were originally told to create a team based on each role and in your context add users to that role would populate the resource pool. So if your workflow is based on a specific context team role and based on those members of that role, it would populate the resource pool to select from which varies from context to context. It would even be better if the participants can be tied to a project plan based on a Project team which has milestones of change request, notices and promotion request.

Top Tags