cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Promotion Request Promotion Objects Table

ealdrich
4-Participant

Promotion Request Promotion Objects Table

I see on the support portal that they removed this table from the task approval form in 10.x, as explained below.

Description
  • Promotion Request tasks do not display a list of objects on which Promotion has started
  • Objects affected by Promotion request not displayed in Promotion taks
Applies ToWindchill PDMLink 10.0 all datecodes, 10.1 all datecodes
Cause
Resolution
  • Works to product specification for Windchill PDMLink 10.0 and 10.1
  • Under consideration by product line management
  • Tip: Use the Task Assistant to help more easily navigate between the primary business object and the workflow task:
    • From the workflow task page, select Actions > Open Task Assistant

Does anyone have any tips or ideas on adding that table to the task page where it used to be in 9.1?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Eian,

This might be the code you are looking for to load the promotion objects table in 10.1.

<tags:tablePageLink path="\netmarkets\jsp\promotionRequest\promotionObjectsTableStep.jsp"/>

You may want to review the chapters on customizing workflows 25-26 from the customizers guide

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS60345&posno=1&q=Windchill%20%C2%AE%20%20Customization%20Guide&nav=ptcproductgroups||windchill||Product+Group||windchill^^ptcproduct||

Reviewing the SPR on this issue, It does look like it will be added on in some release of 10.2.

Good Luck,

Jarrett

Dear Jarrett/Eian,

I have the same requirement to show promotion objects table on the task form (with the dropdown to select saved views).

I tried Jarret's recommendation: <tags:tablePageLink path="\netmarkets\jsp\promotionRequest\promotionObjectsTableStep.jsp"/>

This throws a windchill error

javax.servlet.ServletException: File &quot;/netmarkets/jsp/customtemplates/netmarkets/jsp/promotionRequest/promotionObjectsTableStep.jsp&quot; not found

Can you help.

Regards,

Gautham

Understood that the path I provided early on was the problem.

Changed it to path="\..\promotionRequest\promotionObjectsTableStep.jsp".

Result: No errors, a header Promotion states, but no table

Then tried

<workItem:setPrimaryBusinessObject/><workItem:promotionObjects> as suggested in the API documentation.

Result: No error, no table.

Any bright ideas?

Regards,

Gautham

Starting with Windchill 10.2 M030 you can use Native Task templates to show this in your Workflow Tasks.  One can configure the table into the Workflow activity for any tasks needed.

Top Tags