cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Promotion Request informtion location in Query Builder

lsrutkowski
1-Newbie

Promotion Request informtion location in Query Builder

Ok, odd title, but it contains all of the keywords, right?

To start: working with Windchill 10.2 with only minor customizations.  Currently, we use Promotion Requests to move from change states to our locked release state.  The process is set up with a checker who compares (manually) the information attached to the objects in Windchill with the information in our ECO system.  When there are problems/mismatch between the two, the Windchill Promotion process is rejected with a comment explaining the problem.

What I am looking for: The comments when the process is rejected are saved somewhere.  I know this because I can go under the process tab of the promotion request and see the comment in the process status for the task Approve Promotion Request.  What I want to know is, how do I find out where this comment is stored in the tables, and how do I add it to a query to be put in a report?  When I go into Query Builder and look at the list of tables, it is enormous.  How do you sort through all of that data to know what to add to the query to get what you want?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Larry,

You can use the information from the below case solution - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS112325 along with that add user Comment from WfVotingEventAudit table in the select.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Larry,

You can use the information from the below case solution - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS112325 along with that add user Comment from WfVotingEventAudit table in the select.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

For years we've done a lot with query builder reports.  It makes things infinitely easier if you assign a prefix to various object types on creation, thru the OIR.

For the Promotion Notice object for example, add a prefix of maybe PR (although Problem Report is same, have to make somehow different).  If you do this, then you report above need strictly from the WfVotingEventAudit by using a criteria for the object type thru it's Number.  We do this with all change and some other objects (e.g. doc sub types, packages, etc.).

Top Tags