cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Propagating/Passing User Defined Attribute Values between Change Request and Change Notice (9.1 M020

BrianSullivan
9-Granite

Propagating/Passing User Defined Attribute Values between Change Request and Change Notice (9.1 M020

Is there an easy method to pass User Attribute Values between Change Request and Change Notice?

By Default- Change Process automatically passes values for OOTB PTC System Attributes. For Example "Description" is passed from Change Request to Change Notice "Description" when it is created, if you select to propagate.

Attribute called "ProjectNumber". If you enter a Value in the Change Request it does not update Chnage Notice when the Change Notice is automatically created or propagated.

Right Now the Users have to open the Change Request to see Attributes populated by Submitters.... This is the OOTB. Then Task Users see the Change Notice and have to back up to the Change Request.

Anyone Addressed?

Brian Sullivan

I was hoping PTC would have made it as easy as adding the same attribute to both Change Request and Change Notice... A sort of, if exist propagate function.

3 REPLIES 3

I am also looking for a solution to this, can anyone help?

It is partularly frustrating that one of my IBA values is defaulted and mandatory, but only gets the (defaulted) value when created explicitly, if created 'automatically' via the end Task of the Change Request Workflow it leaves it empty !

Thanks

Ian

We are getting the following error when trying to reassign tasks. It is only happening in one of our contexts (that I know of.. I haven’t tested all of them). It is happening to all tasks in the assignment list. Any ideas?

Is the Assignment table filtered for Open or some variation of it? If set to All, or any View that includes executed assignments, the Re-assign Action is still available but cannot be completed.
Top Tags