cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Proper use of Effectivity - what are some good resources?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Proper use of Effectivity - what are some good resources?

We are exploring implementing effectivity on the PLM side in 10.2.  I have a working knowledge of date base effectivity but reading the PTC supplied material, its lacking the depth I need. The UI also supports very advanced concepts. Beyond the global effectivity, I get the context based effectivity.  I see also that it supports bounded range effectivity and multiple entries per item. Is there some uniqueness checks or invalid conditions say if I try to overlap date ranges or make if valid for December then February?  If a effectivity for Rev B is set open ended, does the release of Rev C cap the end of that effectivity?  I could go on but if anyone has a good set of docs or experience with this functionality.

5 REPLIES 5

I have several examples I can share to cover those questions.  Let me gather and I'll add to the thread.

I have not forgotten - I'm behind due to PTC Forum this week.  I will get to this later this week / early next.

Hi Jeff,

Steelcase is also very interested in gaining more knowledge about the way Windchill effectivity works.  We will be implementing View Specific Enterprise Data soon (in place of downstream equivalent parts) and want to know more about plant specific effectivity linked to the Design view part.  Any/all effectivity resources would be most helpful.  Thanks in advance!

Hi Jeff,

SNC is actively trying to enable effectivity on Process Plan and the rest of MPMLink objects.

I believe the concept is similar to the effectivity applied to a WTPart?

We at Swisslog would be interested also, any thoughts on adding the Resources?

Top Tags