cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Publish PDF to drawing content as attachement

SV_9649587
5-Regular Member

Publish PDF to drawing content as attachement

Hello Guys,

I have gone through most of the existing posts regarding this topic. Unfortunately I didn't find any answer matching my needs. I am new to windchill customization. We would like to publish only PDF after the drawings are released with promotion request. 

I have managed to publish PDF to a WTdocument with AdditionalFilesPostPublishDelegate. However, I would like to auto publish pdf to drawing content as attachment instead of WTdocument.

I was also wondering how do other companies manage dxf files for laser cutting in windchill? Drawing DXF file created through auto publishing are useless for us as we can't feed that directly to machine. Also dxf scalling would be a issue. 

Attached publish rule xml file.

Thanks in advance

SV

8 REPLIES 8

Hello SV,

We have achieved the same through customization. I will give you some pointers to achieve this. 

Please change publish.afterloadermethod property of wvs.properties to point to your class. 

When you have custom class file , please use the APIs given by PTC to attach pdf to attachment table. 

For DXF file , my colleague can help.  

Thanks and Regards

Ajit

SV_9649587
5-Regular Member
(To:Ajit_Kulkarni)

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for your swift response.

You mean something like below in site.xconf 

<Property name="publish.afterloadermethod" overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties" value="com.ptc.wvs.util.AfterEDRloader/copyToEPM"/>

Yes, you got that exactly right , but the Java class will be the custom one. I can demo the working if you would like to you.

Regards

Ajit

SV_9649587
5-Regular Member
(To:Ajit_Kulkarni)

Hi Ajit,

Demo would be helpful.

TIA

Hello,

I have sent you private email, not sure if you have received the same. 

Regards

Ajit

Not sure if this ever got resolved but do you want to reuse the published pdf (the same pdf file is reference as the EPMDocument's representation and the its attachment) or copy the pdf and then use the copied pdf as the attachment.

Either way is doable.

SV_9649587
5-Regular Member
(To:d_graham)

Hello Graham,

I am looking to use auto publisher which will give us pdf as attachment. Refer attached image

Also if possible, pdf should have revision no. mentioned before extension.
Eg. 0000254REVX-.pdf

Thanks

PDF as attachment.png

SV,

By "auto publish" do you mean by using publishing rules?

Anyway, I got this working including the REV in the attachment's filename.

In this example I reuse the pdf created by publishing and then simply connect it to the EPMDocument as an attachment with the the desired filename.

All done automatically upon publishing.

d_graham_0-1619186446104.png

David

Top Tags