cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Publish only .DRW on state change

metherington
1-Newbie

Publish only .DRW on state change

Good Afternoon.

Currently we publish all items on state change through setting:

"publish.republishonepmdocumentchange=true"

The reason we want to publish on state change is so that the state attribute that we have placed in the border of .DRW files is up to date in Creo view. e.g. In Work, Under Review etc...

The above setting works a treat however when you publish a large promotion request it takes a long time to get through all of the jobs in WVS Job Monitor as it is publishing PRT and ASM files as well.

Is there any way to filter this so it only publishes .DRW files on state change but still publishes .DRW .PRT and .ASM on check in??

We are currently using Windchill 10.1 M030 and Creo M130

Thanks in advance,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

Nudge: this one would be really useful for me too, if anybody has any ideas, please?

Almost we had a similar requirement and now we have customization in place for addressing this issue.

mpersson
6-Contributor
(To:metherington)

I use Publish rules to filter the amount of things that gets published on different events and below are some rows from my file. Below code stoppes prt files from being published on check-in and when doing a promote. Users can send it to publish manually. You can do the same for drawings.

<condition name="is_part">
      <attribute name="epmdoc_docType" value="CAD Part"/>

</condition>

<condition name="is_assembly">

<attribute name="epmdoc_docType" value="Assembly"/>

</condition>

<if condition="is_part">

<publish on="create-representation" display-label="Manual Publish Part" additional-files="standard_partassy" evaluate-rules-on-republish="false"/>

<publish on="schedule" display-label="Scheduled Publish" additional-files="standard_partassy" evaluate-rules-on-republish="false"/>

<publish on="manual-post" display-label="manual-post" additional-files="standard_partassy" evaluate-rules-on-republish="false"/>

</if>

<if condition="is_assembly">

<publish on="checkin" display-label="Check In Assy" additional-files="standard_partassy" evaluate-rules-on-republish="false"/>

<publish on="create-representation" display-label="Manual Publish Assy" additional-files="standard_partassy" evaluate-rules-on-republish="false"/>

<publish on="unknown-source" display-label="Workflow Assy" additional-files="workflow_assy" evaluate-rules-on-republish="false"/>

<publish on="schedule" display-label="Scheduled Publish" additional-files="standard_partassy" evaluate-rules-on-republish="false"/>

<publish on="manual-post" display-label="manual-post" additional-files="standard_partassy" evaluate-rules-on-republish="false"/>

</if>

I think 0 below is equal to "unknown-source" above.

Top Tags