cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Publishing Additonal file types, adding version and/or date to prefix?

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Publishing Additonal file types, adding version and/or date to prefix?

I have figured out how to get Step files publishing as additional content, however the files give no indictaion of the original CAD version or last modified date. Is there some way I can add the EPMdoc version or last modifed date to the step file prefix of suffix?

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:khimani_mohiki)
khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom, of course it requires customisation, nothing is simple

Not all that simple but as Windchill customizations go this one is not too bad.

We have had this in place and in use for 3+ years (adding version to attached filenames).  Works perfectly.

note: Creo generates STEP files with one extension (I think .stp) and Solidworks with another (.step). Requires property to have both values.  Likely similar for other CAD tools.

Has having this customisation (or any others) made you upgrade process any more difficult? we have resisted customisation due to the perception that it may cause complications when upgrading major versions

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm using a variation of this same customization.  Upgrading simply required me to drop it into the appropriate folder, compile it, and then set the necessary properties so it gets called.  I imagine it would get much more complicated if it didn't compile for some reason.

- Add custom publishing class to rename additional files.  (Slightly modifed version of CS21666.)
- Source java file copied to "E:\ptc\Windchill_12.0\Windchill\src\com\ptc\wvs\util" and then compiled.
cd E:\ptc\Windchill_12.0\Windchill\src\com\ptc\wvs\util
javac -classpath %CLASSPATH%;%WT_HOME%\srclib\tool\Annotations.jar -d %wt_home%\codebase AfterEDRloader.java
- Property added to enable hook
xconfmanager -s publish.afterloadermethod=com.ptc.wvs.util.AfterEDRloader/renameAdditionalfiles -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -p
rhart
14-Alexandrite

IBAs can be used in the publish rules conditions:

<condition name="iba without value">
   <attribute name="epmdoc_MyIBA" />
</condition>
<if condition="iba without value">
   <publish on="checkin" />
</if>

So maybe IBAs can used in the output-prefix or output-suffix also?

Would be nice to know if you find a way.

<additional-files name="ipt_stl_step_catia_v5_iges">
   <file display-label="stl" type="stl"  default="true"  output-prefix="stl"/>
   <file display-label="step" type="step"  default="true"  output-prefix="step"/>
   <file display-label="catiav5" type="catiav5"  default="true"  output-prefix="catiav5"/>
   <file display-label="iges" type="iges"  default="true"  output-prefix="iges"/>

</additional-files>

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:rhart)

Yes, customizations are a major, major consideration for upgrades.

Some customizations are required before you can import the database.  Others can be added after.

But, for sure, once you need a customization, it has to be in every target system forever unless you're able to accomplish some other way.

We track and carefully manage customizations that are stored in the database and those that are not  essential to do. Also need very good instructions for applying each, in case some other person needs to do so in the future.

Top Tags