cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Publishing Job to Re-publish Only Drawings

SteveVinyard
1-Newbie

Publishing Job to Re-publish Only Drawings

Hi guys, I have a scenario where I have all drawings currently published as a PDF. I am switching to HPGL for the primary publishing (so we can use markups,measurements etc) and will be using the "Additionals Files" mechanism for PDF and DXF.

Now the issue is that I need to republish all of the existing drawing and I would rather not republish ALL existing CAD Data.

Running WC 10.1 M040

I'm hoping there is an easy way to run a job like this.

Thanks!

Steve
2 REPLIES 2

Steve,

You can write custome command line utility to publish drawings. You can take csv file as an input which will contain drawing numbers and publish drawings using below API.

publisher.doPublish(true, true, object.toString(), new LatestConfigSpec(), new LatestConfigSpec(), false, null, null, Publisher.EPM_PLUS_PARTS, null, 0);

Hope this helps !!!

Thanks,

You should be able to search here and find a publish filter I wrote to do just this. You create a publish job and select the "Drawings Only" filter. In my filter I also specified the CAD type, I only wanted to republish Creo Drawings and not SolidWorks drawings.

The nice thing about using the Publish Jobs is you can go container by container, to not flood the publisher(s). We we're converting from HPGL to PDFs and it would have taken ~ a week to run the publisher non-stop which would have clogged up the normal queues. In the evening we ran a container or two at a time until the conversion was done.

Steve D.
Top Tags