cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Publishing additional files on republishing

CC_10081426
6-Contributor

Publishing additional files on republishing

Hello together,

I have created publishing rules for PROE and they are working very well. The problem is that these rules are only working on a new representation. The target is to use these rules when a representation from the worker is started.

In the documentation is mentioned that for republishing the initial publish_params.xml of the representation is used. Is there a way to use the current publishing rules during republishing instead?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:CC_10081426)

Can you site for clarity when that is mentioned about the publish_params.xml? I honestly did not notice.  I know that when we adding publishing rules for additional files, I kicked off a massive republishing effort. I used the customization that allows for recreating the default representation which could be seen as a new representation and in the end, solve your problem. I just checked by going back to very old drawing and they have the new rule and extra files in place. 

Hi @avillanueva 

If you use the republish function on the existing visualization, it usually uses the original used publish rules.

If you need that the visualization use new publish rules you need to delete the existing one and create new one.

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags