cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

QA during change Approval

Srinivas_256
7-Bedrock

QA during change Approval

Hi,

During the Change Notice Workflow, as multiple departments approve their tasks, I need a way to track all questions raised during the approval process and the answers to them. This would allow approvers to review these questions and answers before giving their approval. Does Windchill have this functionality? I found the Discussions feature in Windchill, and I’m curious if anyone has used discussions in their processes.

Additionally, I am looking for an option in the workflow where approvers can approve, reject, or post a question. If a question is posted, it should go back to the creator for an answer, and all this should be visible in the workflow.

I am looking for the best ways to handle this.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Srinivas_256,

Thank you for your question. 

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. It sometimes helps to have screenshots to better understand what you are trying to do.

Best regards,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Hari_Vara
14-Alexandrite
(To:Srinivas_256)

Hi,

Discussions feature is good for your use case. It eases the communication and also notifies with discussions are answered. 

It stays with the Object of discussion throughout , that will make traceability a breeze.

You can enable the discussion tab in the ECN and publish this tab view for all the users(as an admin).

Reg the availability on WF, I'm afraid it would rather call for some code. You may start with OOTB and minimum customization (always a good practice).

Cheers

Hari

Announcements

Top Tags