cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Query Builder Report

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Query Builder Report

I'm building a Query Builder Report to find what WTparts has been modified by a process invoked by a list which comes from SAP.

To better clarify: we have 7 different views in Windchill (Design, Mfg, and other five views, one for each division).

Design View, Mfg View and Division View have three different LC.

In most cases it's Windchill that send LC state modified to SAP, but when a SAP user change LC state, using one of three specific state of Division view, SAP write a record in a file that Windchill process every night to align his Division view state.

Because this process also align more than 30 MFG attributes from SAP to Windchill, we iterate WTParts with modified attributes while only do a set state (without iteration) to the parts.

I was told to build the report using WTpart, Object History and Lifecycle History.

Which type of join may I have to use?

TIA

Marco
4 REPLIES 4

Not understanding fully.

- Need to return the set of WTParts (assume latest Iteration of latest Revision of each)

- Which have been modified (iterated) within the date range entered by user

- Possibly filtered for certain WTPart lifecycle state(s)

- Possibly filtered for certain WTPart View(s)

- And for which the iteration was caused by a certain process (don't know how to find this)?

- Or possibly filtered by membership in the list that comes from SAP??

A little more info would help advising how to approach the report.

Hi Mike,

thanks for quick reply.

What I would like from your suggestions point is:

1 - OK

2 - OK but not iterated, because we align state from SAP with a set state without iteration

3 - It could be useful but not mandatory

4 - It could be useful but not mandatory

5 - This information comes from the comments (iteration note) field, where we write "Updated from SAP Importer" when we iterate part to update attribute, so I know where to find it.

6 - It's not necessary

As you can see in attached image (second row), we set V9 state on a WTPart last night (Authorization column) by using wcadmin.

In Reply to Mike Lockwood:

Not understanding fully.

1 - Need to return the set of WTParts (assume latest Iteration of latest Revision of each)

2 - Which have been modified (iterated) within the date range entered by user

3 - Possibly filtered for certain WTPart lifecycle state(s)

4 - Possibly filtered for certain WTPart View(s)

5 - And for which the iteration was caused by a certain process (don't know how to find this)?

6 - Or possibly filtered by membership in the list that comes from SAP??

A little more info would help advising how to approach the report.
Marco

Ok so your original description using "modified" meant "state changed."

Then it's a matter of joining WTParts with object and lifecycle history.

Here's a similar report that we have that finds the Set State action for WTParts, WTDocs and EPMDocs (which can be done by some leads). It excludes those done by robot (Administrator actor). You may want to reverse this - include robots and exclude people. Note - The outer joins are only needed if you're reporting on multiple types - don't need for just WTParts.

[cid:image001.png@01CFAB04.7814C640]

[cid:image002.png@01CFAB04.7814C640]

[cid:image003.png@01CFAB04.DE4CFCC0]

Mike,

thanks for your really good support.

I have tried quickly to build my report using your suggestions and I see the light. 🙂

In Reply to Mike Lockwood:

Ok so your original description using "modified" meant "state changed."

Then it's a matter of joining WTParts with object and lifecycle history.

Here's a similar report that we have that finds the Set State action for WTParts, WTDocs and EPMDocs (which can be done by some leads). It excludes those done by robot (Administrator actor). You may want to reverse this - include robots and exclude people. Note - The outer joins are only needed if you're reporting on multiple types - don't need for just WTParts.

[cid:image001.png@01CFAB04.7814C640]

[cid:image002.png@01CFAB04.7814C640]

[cid:image003.png@01CFAB04.DE4CFCC0]
Marco
Top Tags