cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Query builder to get the number of parts , documents , objects on each ECN

allen_sebastian
1-Newbie

Query builder to get the number of parts , documents , objects on each ECN

Can any body help out
I need to generate a report using the Query builder to get the number of parts , documents on each ECN.
I tried to writing a query but i am getting repeated data when there are both parts and documents attached to the ECN. I have attached the file, If any one has any idea about how to fix it please do help. Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Allen,

What you get with your query is a cartesian product : one entry for each pair of (document,part ).

A solution, if you just need the count, would be to use a common ancestor of part and document, this might be the "changeable" object. Instead of including the "part" and "document" objects,use "changeable" with the same "join". You will then get the count you are trying to create. (see attached example)

I have used this for problem reports, I cannot test it with ECN, s my company does not use them.

HTH,

Vincent

In Reply to ALLEN SEBASTIAN:

Can any body help out I need to generate a report using the Query builder to get the number of parts , documents on each ECN. I tried to writing a query but i am getting repeated data when there are both parts and documents attached to the ECN. I have attached the file, If any one has any idea about how to fix it please do help. Thanks in advance.
Announcements

Top Tags