cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Question Regarding to Windchill Installation and its licensing

mtaheri
1-Newbie

Question Regarding to Windchill Installation and its licensing

Hello all,

I am just new to the windchill and my question is regarding to the windchill installation and its licensing. Do i need to install FlexNet License Server, before installing windchill and upload the license? because there are multiple clients in the system and I need to configure license as floating license. So, if I need to install FlexNet license Server, where can I get it ? because I couldn't find it in the windchill package .

thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Windchill is licensed on a named user basis. It is not like CREO licensing where you can "float" the licenses between users. So that means 1 user = 1 license.

However, that being said, you can float some of the optional CREO View modules that give you advanced functionality for viewing. That is why you do not see a FlexNet license Server with the Windchill package.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Windchill is licensed on a named user basis. It is not like CREO licensing where you can "float" the licenses between users. So that means 1 user = 1 license.

However, that being said, you can float some of the optional CREO View modules that give you advanced functionality for viewing. That is why you do not see a FlexNet license Server with the Windchill package.

Thanks so much, Brian.

Top Tags