cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Question about ProjectLink Guest role

avardanega
1-Newbie

Question about ProjectLink Guest role

All,

During my investigation of ProjectLink's features and capabilities I came across an interesting behavior: When I add an user as a guest to the Project (Guest role in the local team) the user cannot find the Project via browsing, but when I send a link to project this user he/ she is able to see the Project... I have also confirmed that the user can also see and open documents inside the Project. Is this behavior the intended design? It seems odd to me that the guest user has permission to see the project but cannot browse for it... We haven't touched the configuration of ProjectLink therefore I'm assuming that everything is out-of-the-box on the ProjectLink side. We are running 10.2 M030-CPS09.

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think that is the default behavior of the guest role. You can search for things in the project and be successful, but the project doesn't show up in your list of projects, nor can you browse to it.

From the Help Files:

20160907-074940.png

-marc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I think that is the default behavior of the guest role. You can search for things in the project and be successful, but the project doesn't show up in your list of projects, nor can you browse to it.

From the Help Files:

20160907-074940.png

-marc

OK Marc,

Thanks for the quick answer.

Alex

Top Tags