cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Question on Upgrade steps from 11 to 12 - webserver ldap adapters

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Question on Upgrade steps from 11 to 12 - webserver ldap adapters

Had a kick out on UpgradeManager when checking Default and Enterprise Adapters. I've imported my source LDAP to a temp WindchillDS LDAP (let's call this host T1). My source LDAP remains running for production (let's call this host S1). My target upgrade server has the webserver and Windchill installed (Let's call this W1)

I gave it the location and connection information for T1 to find my imported source LDAP copy. I chose to let the UpgradeManager configure my webserver settings to authenticate. What is odd is that when it did that, it used the hostname of S1 for the adapters as they were written in the LDAP import on T1. Obviously, target host W1 cannot see S1 for good reason as this is the current 11.1 production system. Why would it not alter the hostname to use T1 and not S1 when writing the Windchill auth settings? It does not seem right that I would have to update those myself in the ldap to work around issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Had a session with BE on this. The hostname of my production ldap was not addressable. Actually, we had an old DNS entry which sent me to some far off land. Either way, S1 should only be know by my current Production system since its local. What I had to do on my target system is edit the hosts file to point S1 to my target temp ldap T1. Now upgrade manager likes it and was able to fly right though. The upgrade manager was trying to connect and verify the adapters but could not see that it was running. I still think the steps are not correct as it should have used data I provided in UpgradeManager inputs but moving on.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:avillanueva)

What LDAP are you using? 

In my trial upgrades, Windchill 11.0 to Windchill 12.0.2, I am using WindchillDS 11.2 for the v3 LDAP.

There are a few steps in various CS  articles that must be done to the importing LDAP. From my help desk calls, these changes can only be done manually. If you want the CS articles, I can look them up and post them.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:BenLoosli)

Windchill DS 11.1 LDAP just to get through upgrade but I want to port this to OpenDJ which is on my W1 system already. I used OpenDJ to do the initial install.  If you find them, post em. I can search too. I done some research into this before I began so I thought I had this configured right. I do not want to use WindchillDS any longer after I complete the upgrade. 

Not to digress, the issue is when it updated the webserver configs on W1. Why would it try and point to S1 and not T1 which is where I told it the LDAP was?

Had a session with BE on this. The hostname of my production ldap was not addressable. Actually, we had an old DNS entry which sent me to some far off land. Either way, S1 should only be know by my current Production system since its local. What I had to do on my target system is edit the hosts file to point S1 to my target temp ldap T1. Now upgrade manager likes it and was able to fly right though. The upgrade manager was trying to connect and verify the adapters but could not see that it was running. I still think the steps are not correct as it should have used data I provided in UpgradeManager inputs but moving on.

Top Tags