cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Read-only user access of CAD data in Pro/Engineer

GertNoels-disab
1-Newbie

Read-only user access of CAD data in Pro/Engineer

How can I grant users read-only access to EPMDocument (CAD data)? Users should be able to open in Pro/engineer all CAD data, but no modification are allowed (backup data locally should be possible).
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Gert, To give users read-only access, you will want to grant the role or group that they are a part of Read and Download permissions only. This can be applied for all states or just one in particular. To modify access control rules, navigate to Organization > Utilities > Policy Administrator. Select the appropriate product/library and create a new rule or edit the existing rules. Sincerely, Ben Duquette Application Engineer TriStar, Inc.

Ben, I have modified access to an object using the policy administrator, yet the changes are not taking effect. Do I need to 'clean' out the user's cache somehow? Can I do that remotly, as an administrator? Kathy

I answered Kathy personally, but I thought I would put the solution here as well for others with similar questions. There is no cache to clean out or anything like that. Access control rules are cumulative. Whatever permissions are given to someone in rules 1, 2, and 3, their resulting permissions are a combination of all three. Since your first rule gives the role Read/Modify/Create for All states, the second rule is rendered obsolete (Read for a single state). The first rule needs to be modified and should only specify the exact state where they have Read/Modify/Create permissions. If this is more than one state, you will have to create additional rules. Sincerely, Ben Duquette Application Engineer TriStar, Inc.

Thanks Ben for the summary.
Top Tags