cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Recovering unchecked-in work for a deleted user

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Recovering unchecked-in work for a deleted user

Is it possible to access the workspace cache for a deleted Windchill user and recover models that were not checked in?

Our summer interns are gone, and their user accounts have been deleted from Windchill.
More specifically, their Active Domain accounts were deleted, and then we deleted the disconnected users in Windchill.

One of the engineering managers has informed us that he jumped the gun when he approved the delete.
Apparently, there was some work-in-progrees that was not checked in by an intern.
The manager would like another engineer to access/recover those models from the intern's PC.

I would think that this would require the engineer to login as the inetrn on the intern's PC's.
However, I suspect that this will not work, even if we recreate the intern's AD account and add it to Windchill again.

Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060 with Creo Elements Pro 5 M150.

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

2 REPLIES 2

Gerry,
I would suggest using the Workspace Recovery Tool<.">http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/do/sd/sid=478&type=0>. It worked great the last few times I had to perform the same process. All you need is the deleted users local cache area to run the tool on.

Mike Ibosh

Thanks to all that have replied so far.

The workspace recovery tool looks promising.
I will give that a try.

Several others recommended that the users not be deleted.
Unfortunately, I have no control over this.
We use Active Directory as the Enterprise LDAP, of which I have no authority.
Our interal polcies require that the AD user accounts be deleted whenever someone is terminated.
Soon afterward, Windchill autmatically sends me emails about the disconnected user.
Therefore, I delete the disconnected user in Windchill, or I will keep getting the emails (daily).

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

Is it possible to access the workspace cache for a deleted Windchill user and recover models that were not checked in?

Our summer interns are gone, and their user accounts have been deleted from Windchill.
More specifically, their Active Domain accounts were deleted, and then we deleted the disconnected users in Windchill.

One of the engineering managers has informed us that he jumped the gun when he approved the delete.
Apparently, there was some work-in-progrees that was not checked in by an intern.
The manager would like another engineer to access/recover those models from the intern's PC.

I would think that this would require the engineer to login as the inetrn on the intern's PC's.
However, I suspect that this will not work, even if we recreate the intern's AD account and add it to Windchill again.

Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060 with Creo Elements Pro 5 M150.

Top Tags