cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Refreshing a Wizard step, question revisited

mkarnerfors
1-Newbie

Refreshing a Wizard step, question revisited

Hello all,

I have a custom wizard in Windchill 10.2. The wizard has two steps. The first step is a radio-button selection. The second step displays different things depending on what was selected in the first step.

This works well the first time that the user enters step number two. The problem is that if a user goes back to the first step, selects something else and then returns to the second step, the second step is not re-processed to show the appropriate results.

This problem was described in this thread and I did try the suggestion that was given there - that is to say: use preloadWizardPage="false" as an attribute for the action in custom-actions.xml - but this makes no difference.

What do I need to do to make sure that the JSP for a wizard step is executed every time that the user brings up the step?

With Best Regards

/Michael

3 REPLIES 3

Michael,

We can configure a JS function for the second step action using beforeJS and use the JS code to show/hide any fields in second step. This way we will be sure that its called everytime.

...Abdul

Hi Michael,

You should be able to find some clarity from the customization guide section "Displaying the hidden / dynamic step at runtime"
http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/161141/en/10_2_M020_WindchillCustomizationGuide.pdf#839

Thanks,

Jarrett

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:mkarnerfors)

Michael,

Was the information provided helpful? Do you have any further questions regarding this behavior?

Top Tags