cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Rehosting JNDI Adapter with Rehost Utility 3.0 M010

bsiemiaszko
6-Contributor

Rehosting JNDI Adapter with Rehost Utility 3.0 M010

Hi All,

I am using  Rehost Utility 3.0 M010 to rehost Windchill PDMLink, and it seems that it is ignoring the properties that I provided.

I have 3 adapters, 2 are base administrative and enterprise, and one additional JNDI adapter, which has been configured with those properties:

target.ldap.username.<domain>.<adaptername>=
target.ldap.password.<domain>.<adaptername>=
target.ldap.hostname.<domain>.<adaptername>=
target.ldap.port.<domain>.<adaptername>=

And rehost is successful, but some Windchill properties are not updated. 

mapcredentials.admin.adapters and wt.federation.org.directoryServices properties contain only two entries instead of 3, and missing one is that additional JNDI adapter.

What else needs to be filled to have that set up by Rehost Utility?

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:bsiemiaszko)

I can't remember if 3.0 M010 was affected or not, but there was a period of time where I had to manually update the mapcredentials.admin.adapters property after each rehost.  It was scrambling the passwords and completely eliminating the Active Directory adapter properties.  The syntax I used was something like this:

REM Reset Active Directory password
xconfmanager -d mapcredentials.admin.adapters
xconfmanager -s "mapcredentials.admin.adapters=<domain>.Ldap^cn=Manager^<password>"
xconfmanager --add "mapcredentials.admin.adapters=<domain>.EnterpriseLdap^cn=Manager^<password>"
xconfmanager --add "mapcredentials.admin.adapters=<domain>.ActiveDirectory^cn=<username-full DN>^<password>"
xconfmanager -p

This is no longer required with the latest version of the rehost utility (11.0 M030).  What you show should work fine.

Note:  One thing that still doesn't work in the rehost utility is using multiple hosts per adapter.  The url gets scrambled during the rehost and I have to manually fix it in the directory server before firing up Windchill for the first time.

<domain>.<adapter>.java.naming.provider.url=ldap://<server1>:<port> ldap://<server2>:<port>
eangaga
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

I am facing this issue. I have 3 adapters and the rehost is messing them up. Where do you update them in the windchillDS server? What file in particular. I am having a hard time rehosting windchill 11.0 

Top Tags