cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Rehosting an Additional JNDI Adapter with Windchill Rehost Utility 3.0 M010

Alex_P
6-Contributor

Rehosting an Additional JNDI Adapter with Windchill Rehost Utility 3.0 M010

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me with rehost utility 3.0 M010 on setting properties that would preserve JNDI Adapter configuration that connects to Microsoft Active Directory LDAP. Last time I was testing rehosting with rehost utility 2.0, all settings disappeared and I had to do manually the configuration of the adapters. Has this issue been fixed in 3.0?

I've setup the following properties in the rehost.properties file (specific to the additional JDNI adapter):

target.ldap.hostname.com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>=<Active_Directory_Server_URL>

target.ldap.port.com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>=3268

and the following property where I put all additional properties of the adapter (I've put line breaks after "|" sign for better readability, but the line is continuous in the rehost.properties file):

target.ldap.setAdapterAttributes.com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>=

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.java.naming.provider.url=ldap://<Active_Directory_Server_FQDN>:3268|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.searchBase=dc=cgtc,dc=com|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.searchScope=SUBTREE|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.windchill.config.directoryType=ADS|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.windchill.config.doesNotContainGroups=true|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.windchill.config.readOnly=true|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.windchill.mapping.user.o=company|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.windchill.mapping.user.objectClass=user|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.windchill.mapping.user.uid=sAMAccountName|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.windchill.mapping.user.uniqueIdAttribute=sAMAccountName|

com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>.windchill.mapping.usersOrganizationName=<Company_Name>

Is this enough, or are there any additinal properties necessary to be entered?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Alex_P)

With 3.0 M010 you don't need the mile long adapter attributes any more.  The Rehost Utility will no longer erase everything if it's not there.

The only additional two properties I have are the username and password for the extra adapter:

target.ldap.username.com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>=<ldap_user_cn>

target.ldap.password.com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>=<ldap_user_password>

Keep in mind that if you run redundant server URLs, the Rehost Utility will mess them up and you will need to manually correct them in Windchill DS.  (Just copy/paste that one line from before the Rehost to after.)  https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS233326

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV

With 3.0 M010 you don't need the mile long adapter attributes any more.  The Rehost Utility will no longer erase everything if it's not there.

The only additional two properties I have are the username and password for the extra adapter:

target.ldap.username.com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>=<ldap_user_cn>

target.ldap.password.com.<company_domain>.<adapter_name>=<ldap_user_password>

Keep in mind that if you run redundant server URLs, the Rehost Utility will mess them up and you will need to manually correct them in Windchill DS.  (Just copy/paste that one line from before the Rehost to after.)  https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS233326

Alex_P
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it!

One question, though - when you mention the redundant server URLs, do you mean the running the cluster environment or the multiple (different) Active Directory server URLs?

Thanks,

Alex Petronijevic

TomU
23-Emerald IV

the multiple (different) Active Directory server URLs

This.

Alex_P
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Thank you so much!

Cheers!