cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Released date in folder table

bwilson-2
4-Participant

Released date in folder table

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to add to a column to a folder table showing the date an object reached a certain lifecycle state. For example I would like to be able to see the date my object reached the "Released" state in the cabinets folder table. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

4 REPLIES 4

Hi!

1) Your objects should have an attribute like "Released date".

2) You should override the config builder for this table: ComponentConfigBuilder: com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.folder.mvc.builders.FolderTableBuilder.

In FolderTableBuilder.class add the column with such name like an attribute you need.

Look this for understanding how to work with the MVC components: http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/154113/en/10_1_M040_WindchillCustomizationGuide.pdf

Having the "Released Date" attribute is really the issue. We have "Created On" and "Last Modified" OOTB. What i need is the date the state changed from "Design" to "Released". The information can be found in the items version history.

So you can try to add your own column to the table and add dataUtility to this column. In the dataUlility class you can calculate the value and show it.

Thanks but I am not sure it is worth the time to create the customization. I appreciate your help.

Top Tags