cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Remote Completion of Workflow Tasks via Email

bwilcox
1-Newbie

Remote Completion of Workflow Tasks via Email

Is there a way to allow users to complete workflow tasks (e.g., approve a promotion request) via email (i.e., have a hyperlink in the email message for approve, reject, etc. that would complete the task in Windchill according to the selection made in the email)? We have executives who are frequently traveling but need to approve items in Windchill that are in workflows, but they cannot always access our Windchill server remotely.

We are using Windchill 10.1 M040. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Benjamin Wilcox IntelliServ

Portfolio, Project & Data Management Administrator

National Oilwell Varco

Learn about the second generation Wired Drill Pipe Network > IntelliServ2

5 REPLIES 5
SimonHeath
4-Participant
(To:bwilcox)

This question has been arround for years, and as far as I know not been answered satisfactorily. For me it shows a requirement in PLM for more task oriented interfaces, I know of a few custo mobile apps that have workflow interfaces that might be the way to go. Does the PTC mobile app have this too? I got the impression it was more 3D oriented and less business focused, but stand to be corrected.

For me in your specific case the executives need a simple smart phone app, with an offline mode that syncs up when back in the office.

Simon

Hello Simon,

There's 2 PTC app.

The CreoView one, and the Windchill one

In the Windchill one, we can access to the tasks list and complete them...

But only have a look ... not tested with our own workflows ...

regards

Gregory

The app store mentions that there is an optional module needed for enabling Windchill to work with the Windchill Mobile app. What is this module? Do you know?

Thanks,

Ben

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:bwilcox)

No

since 10 M010 if I remember, just a site preference to enable. And then able to use the app with your Windchill server

regards

Yep a preference setting to turn it on, but you are requried to obtain a licence for every user who will be connecting from a mobile device. Don't think it is expensive though.

Top Tags