cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Remove Default Routing Option on Promotion Request Approval Process

zgodula
9-Granite

Remove Default Routing Option on Promotion Request Approval Process

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the default selection on the Promotion Request Approval task in Windchill PDMLink?

Our task currently has two options:

Approve

Reject

2017-06-07 13 50 51.png

The Approve option is always initially selected, but we'd like for neither to be initially checked, and force the user to select one.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how to change it?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

It is controlled by a property in wt.properties, com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.workitem.dataUtilities.setDefaultRoutingEvent. You can set it to false.

Thanks Binesh.

I'm assuming that this property will apply for all tasks, and not just Promotion Request Approvals.

Is this correct?

That's correct. One workaround if you want to set this to a specific task is, create a default routing option as the first choice and in the transition throw an exception forcing the user to make a choice between the valid choices.

I had a similar issue and tried throwing an exception.  But initially I had a syntax error due to unreachable code.  I temporarily got around that by throwing within an if-statement, but in some circumstances I still get the error (still trying to localize those circumstances... was trying multiple things at the time).

I'm worried that the transition code is being inserted rather than called and if multiple transitions have code they will interfere with each other.

MyGroundBiz wrote:

I had a similar issue and tried throwing an exception.  But initially I had a syntax error due to unreachable code.  I temporarily got around that by throwing within an if-statement, but in some circumstances I still get the error (still trying to localize those circumstances... was trying multiple things at the time).

I'm worried that the transition code is being inserted rather than called and if multiple transitions have code they will interfere with each other.

One workaround if you want to set this to a specific task is, create a default routing option as the first choice and in the transition throw an exception forcing the user to make a choice between the valid choices.

Top Tags