cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Remove New Objects From Change Request

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Remove New Objects From Change Request

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: I created new instances in of a released family table my workspace while developing some new assemblies. I then added them to a change request that was then used to create a change notice to release the assemblies and revise the family table part. Now I cannot update the base part because it is incompatible with the new instances which cannot be deleted because they are on the change request. The admin cannot remove the new instances from the change request because he cannot see them on it. I can see them on the change request but cannot make changes.

Description:

How can we remove the new instances from the change request so that I can update the family table part?

There is always more to learn in Creo.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kdirth)

Here is how we fixed the issue with a little guidance from our reseller.

• I removed the new instances from the generic family table, which made the new instances standalone parts.
  • I checked in the new instances so that the admin could see them,
  • The admin then removed the models from the change request.
  • I remove all of the models associated with the family table from my workspace,
  • The admin then deleted the models from windchill.

I am now free to recreate the instances and have them added to my CN task.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

if this a test server, let's assume the admin cannot see the objects and you cannot remove them due to some permission (ACL ), in this case we can temporary  disable policy rule checks by setting wt.access.enforce to false   and restart server .

ones changes done you can set it back to true to enable back the acl checks .

Fede
kdirth
20-Turquoise

Here is how we fixed the issue with a little guidance from our reseller.

• I removed the new instances from the generic family table, which made the new instances standalone parts.
  • I checked in the new instances so that the admin could see them,
  • The admin then removed the models from the change request.
  • I remove all of the models associated with the family table from my workspace,
  • The admin then deleted the models from windchill.

I am now free to recreate the instances and have them added to my CN task.

Top Tags