cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Removing Soft Type Information

rwelch
6-Contributor

Removing Soft Type Information

Hi Steve,

Excellent, that is exactly the type of information I was
looking for. I do have ticket in with PTC on this but
so far no response. Now I know what to ask for specifically
I guess.

Thanks,
Ron
2 REPLIES 2
rwelch
6-Contributor
(To:rwelch)

Mike,

Ok, thanks. At least I know what I asking for reasonable because
you guys and others need the same thing.

Thanks again,
Ron

In Reply to Ron Welch:

Ron,

PTC has a tool to do this but all it does it edit two columns in the object's (WTPart, WTDocument, etc) table entry that determine the type.

The columns from ida2a2 and branchiditerationinfo from WTTypeDefinition are referenced by the columns IDA2TYPEDEFINITIONREFERENCE and BRANCHIDA2TYPEDEFINITIONREFE from the WTPart (or WTDoc or EPMDoc, etc).IDA2TYPEDEFINITIONREFERENCE and BRANCHIDA2TYPEDEFINITIONREFE are the two columns that get edited to change the type.

To do what the tool does all you have to do is this:

1. Get ida2a2 and branchiditerationinfo from the WTTypeDefinition table you want to change to.

select ida2a2, branchiditerationinfo from WTTypeDefinition where latestiterationinfo=1 and name='<the type=" name=" you=" are=" changing=" to=">';

2. Now update all iterations of the object to point to the target type. For example a WTPart

update WTPart set IDA2TYPEDEFINITIONREFERENCE=<ida2a2 from=" above=" select="> where ida3MasterReference=(select ida2a2 from WTPartMaster where WTPartNumber='<the part=" number=">');

update WTPart set BRANCHIDA2TYPEDEFINITIONREFE=<branchiditerationinfo from=" above=" select="> where ida3MasterReference=(select ida2a2 from WTPartMaster where WTPartNumber='<the part=" number=">');

Don't forget to commit.

That's it as far as the type is concerned however, the IBAs need to be addressed too and without specific info I can't really suggest how to proceed but keep the following in mind.

If your new type has different IBAs you would need to figure out a map from the old type to the new type. You could then edit for example the StringValue table entryto point to the correct StringDefinition table entry.

If IBAs don't exist in the new type those StringValue (or whatever)entries should be deleted.

Changing the type is a piece of cake. It's getting the IBAs correct that's the tricky part.

Hope this helps,

David Graham

Windchill Developer/Adminisrator

CAx Administrator

EmhartGlass SA

Hi Steve,

Excellent, that is exactly the type of information I was
looking for. I do have ticket in with PTC on this but
so far no response. Now I know what to ask for specifically
I guess.

Thanks,
Ron