cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Removing files from workspace fails

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

Removing files from workspace fails

To all,

I am doing some testing of Windchill and Creo3, and have a question I hope someone can answer for me.

I checked out into my workspace some files. I am looking to REMOVE them from the workspace, but it is giving me a failure. I only have 3684 objects in my workspace, but the message I am getting in the Conflict Manager window (from the Event Manager information) is this:

• The returned query result has exceeded the query limit, and only 100,000 results returned

I am not sure why I am getting this, when I am only trying to remove approximately 3700 files.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To all,

I was able to remove all files from my workspace in one attempt, only after we switched the embedded browser from IE8 to Chrome.

We added into our configs the following option:

windows_browser_type chromium_browser

Thanks for any suggestions that were submiited to my question.

Dennis

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Windchill will be running multiple queries during the remove action. Without profiling the action, it's hard to say exactly what query Windchill is running that's returning so many entries. But, you're getting the error because the number of entries returned by some query is higher than the value of your wt.pom.queryLimit property, which is apparently set to 100,000. If you increase the value of this property in db.properties, it should allow the remove action to succeed.

alternatively:

1. remove the items in smaller chunks
  2. create a new workspace and delete the old one

Chris,

Where is this db.properties so i can see what we have it set too and if I can change it.

Dennis

It is in the <Windchill_loadpoint>/db folder. Use xconfmanager to edit values in that file.

Dennis,

Were you able to use either my or Simon's suggestions to successfully remove these files from your workspace? Let us know if you still need any help with this.

To all,

I was able to remove all files from my workspace in one attempt, only after we switched the embedded browser from IE8 to Chrome.

We added into our configs the following option:

windows_browser_type chromium_browser

Thanks for any suggestions that were submiited to my question.

Dennis

Top Tags