cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Renaming Instances in Family Tables

otcunanan
8-Gravel

Renaming Instances in Family Tables

I renamed the instances of a family table inside Creo instead of File>Rename in Windchill as I now understand I should have. Now the generic is tied to the new parts that were created.

Currently, my generic is at 1.6, if I go into the history tab and go to the details of the 1.5 iteration, I see that the generic is tied to the original instances that existed before renaming the instances. I plan to take the 1.5 iteration, check it back in to overwrite the 1.6 iteration and create the 1.7 iteration where the instances are back to their original names.

However, I still need to rename the instances, this time through Windchill of course.

See below for clarification. If I overwrite Generic 1.6 with Generic 1.5, will I be able to rename "old_inst1" and change it to "new_inst1"?

new_inst1 represent a nomenclature that I need to keep.

What I have now:

Generic (1.6)

new_inst1

new_inst2

What I will use to overwrite:

Generic (1.5)

old_inst1

old_inst2

Using Creo3m110; Windchill 10.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Needed Windchill Admin to temporarily allow checkout of Non-Latest iteration in order to overwrite latest iteration.

From the PTC Article:CS22588

Preference Manager > Create and Edit > Allow checkout of non-latest iterations supported for CAD Documents and is not valid for WTDocuments or WTParts.

Had to rename New_inst1 to DNU_New_inst1, in order to free up the name for use.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Needed Windchill Admin to temporarily allow checkout of Non-Latest iteration in order to overwrite latest iteration.

From the PTC Article:CS22588

Preference Manager > Create and Edit > Allow checkout of non-latest iterations supported for CAD Documents and is not valid for WTDocuments or WTParts.

Had to rename New_inst1 to DNU_New_inst1, in order to free up the name for use.

Top Tags