cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Renaming Organizations

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Renaming Organizations

I've recently been given the order to look into renaming the existing Organizations we have in our Windchill PDMLink system. PTC has a document (CS52976) that makes it seem relatively straight forward.

Does anyone have experience doing this? And what sort of pitfalls should I be on the lookout for?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
mdigman
6-Contributor
(To:DonSenchuk)

I did this in a Dev environment a while back, and I had no issues. Basically, we wanted to change the organization name from a division to that of the entire company. It went off without a hitch.

Micah

Was this one of a few Orgs? We found (and PTC support confirmed) that you do not want to rename the default Org. This was last attempted in 9.1 though.
mdigman
6-Contributor
(To:DonSenchuk)

It was one of two organizations. I cannot remember if it was the default organization, and it was just a hypothetical. We restarted and verified some basic functionality, and then ended there.

You might also want to view CS39159 - although that is about a skimpy as a CS can get.

Top Tags