cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Report CAD models required by a CAD drawing

DarrenStorey
7-Bedrock

Report CAD models required by a CAD drawing

Despite much searching and testing, I’m still unable to build a report (using report builder) which links one CAD document to another CAD Document. Eg.

• Model(s) used by a drawing (most important to me)

• Single level where used report for CAD Docs

The find “all required” models, I’m assuming requires the application of a config spec and recursive processing, something report builder cannot do. I’m wondering however, if I could report on non-structural references between CAD models, such as models required for a component part to regen.

Any help much appreciated, I've completely hit the wall on this.

Darren

1 REPLY 1

I managed to solve this in the end, so for the benefit of others....

See attached

Use

EPM Document Reference Link (or child class

Role A referenced by (EPM Doc)

• This links covers all non-structural associations between bewtween EPMDocs.

Links can be required (or not)

Additionally each reference type may have multiple dependecy types. These are recognised as codes in the report. It is my assumption that these codes are then resolved into a short but more meaningful text string when displayed in the UI.

Attached image shows a distinct list of reference dependency codes and their parent reference types, for all persisted EPM Document Reference Link objects in our system. If anybody is able to provide an exhaustive list of these, I would be much obliged. Also if anybody can tell me where/how these codes are resolved into the text seen in the UI, that would also be handy.

Regards

Darren
Top Tags