cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Reported view adapters version problem

mspencer
5-Regular Member

Reported view adapters version problem

Reposting here...did not have any replies on PTC User...

I am preparing for a 10.0 to 10.1 upgrade next weekend. We initally had the Creo View 1.0 M030 view adapters installed, however, we moved to Creo 2 and hence updated the adapters to the Creo View 2.0 M010. One concern I found yesterday with our current install is the reported version of the vizadapters thru the Windchill shell version command (and also help - about PDMLink in the browser)...it still reports the 1.0 M030 version. Is this a problem, and will it cause issues during our upgrade process?

If I remember correctly the 2.0 view adapters were not installed using the Windchill PSI, but instead just using the setup script from the extracted CD.

We are currently running 10.0 M030, the Creo View 1 and Creo View 2 adapters are located in seperate directories which allowed us to test before we rolled out the Creo View 2 adapters. The 2.0 adapter seems to be working and publishing our CAD files fine after setting up the CAD worker. Do I need to uninstall the 2.0 view adapters and reinstall using the PSI? Looking for some suggestions.

Thanks for the help!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags