cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Reporting object types with different type name formats

DarrenStorey
7-Bedrock

Reporting object types with different type name formats

I’m trying generate a .qml report of object types that displays the type name in 2 formats

1) Fully qualified type name - wt.part.WTpart|com.acme.softype

2) RootType:branchID(latest) - wt.part.WTpart:77137

Does anybody know if this is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With a bit of help from my colleague 😉 now have a solution to this. See attached.

This report is handy when used in conjunction with other reports such as ACL / Object Initialization rules.

The ACL report displays the soft type which the access rule applies to in the format wt.doc.WTDocument|8666. The OIR report displays the type which the initialization rule applies to in the same way.

Personally I don't recognize subtypes by their branch ID, I need the full type name. The report lists each type in both name formats.

15-16-26.png

15-19-04.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Attached is likely close to what you're looking for.

Cheers Mike,

I've been playing with the WTTypeDefinition. For sure it has the soft type name and the branch ID.

Also you can recursively drill "up" parent by parent until after an unknown number of jumps later you arrive at the root type (if not already there). In your report you are showing just the immediate parent.

WTType Definition.Parent.Name

and we could keep going so

WTType Definition.Parent.Parent.Name

WTType Definition.Parent.Parent.Parent.Name.....

Some Types are 4-5 deep.

Given multiple columns of parent names, I could do some trickery in Excel to determine which is the root type then append the branch ID of the softtype. It would be much more convenient if for a given subtype I could report the name directly as (rootype:branchID of subtype).... and thus avoid the need to post process the report.

With a bit of help from my colleague 😉 now have a solution to this. See attached.

This report is handy when used in conjunction with other reports such as ACL / Object Initialization rules.

The ACL report displays the soft type which the access rule applies to in the format wt.doc.WTDocument|8666. The OIR report displays the type which the initialization rule applies to in the same way.

Personally I don't recognize subtypes by their branch ID, I need the full type name. The report lists each type in both name formats.

15-16-26.png

15-19-04.png

Top Tags