cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Request for improvement considering temporary network errors when connecting to Vault

TI_10718595
4-Participant

Request for improvement considering temporary network errors when connecting to Vault

In environments where a network drive such as Azure BLOB is used for Vault, I would like to see a PG implementation that takes temporary network errors into account. I would like you to consider error handling and retry processing to reconnect several times when Windchill cannot connect to Vault.

1 REPLY 1
mmeadows-3
14-Alexandrite
(To:TI_10718595)

Can you clarify how this differs from using Local Backup Vaults?

"This is a special type of vault which acts as cache vault when the original cache vault is read-only."  (I'm assuming unreachable would be equivalent to read-only.)

"The background job runs every 5 minutes for 12 times by default. During this time, if the cache vault is not restored automatically, an email notification is generated. An administrator should restore the original cache vault manually. Refer to File Vault Alerts for details on email notification. When the original cache vault is restored to read-write state, either automatically or manually, local backup vault stops acting as cache vault. The files uploaded to local backup vault are synced to target vaults automatically."

Top Tags