cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Restrict "Revise" to the Change Process

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Restrict "Revise" to the Change Process

Has anyone implemented their Windchill system to only allow the Revise action from within the "Create Change Notice" activity and not allow when browsing the folders of a Product for example? I'm on Windchill 10.1 M010.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | o: 616.698.3766 | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CD73E0.33421610]

3 REPLIES 3

I have heard of the workflow creating the rev of affected as resulting, but not in the wizard itself. When the workflow created the new revisions, it was disallowed outside the ECN/ECO process unless the object was flagged as a prototype or concept part.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Don't know of any way to do as you suggest below.

We address this requirement by:

- Using a two-phase lifecycle for product data (e.g. Number, then Letter Revisions)

- Using change management only for the Letter Revisions

- Restricting Revise to an authorized group for the states that apply for the Letter Revisions; this Group Revises only after an approved Change Request exists which explicitly defines all items to be Revised

Hello ,

I have tried this requirement with WTDoc action menu , It was possible by extending the WC Validators (performfillPrevalidation)- > Get the context of the CN and block the access for the action.

Sriram Rammohan

Top Tags