cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Rev Syncing Part and CAD data

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Rev Syncing Part and CAD data

I feel like I have posted on this topic before but just looking for a quick poll here. How many sites keep their CAD model, drawing and WTPart in rev sync and how many allow them to vary?  It all comes down to your specific CM rules and numbering system but curious what other sites do.

We have ours in rev sync and it has made things really easy.  I would be interested to know at that site that do not keep them in sync, how you deal with keeping all the associations together especially with owner links and the like.  Did you need to change some preferences in your system to not go batty.

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:avillanueva)

We keep all in sync.

Comes down to training the users to do it right when they do a revise.

I am officially in the CM group and an approver all items submitted for promotion. I am also the Windchill administrator and responsible for all Windchill and Creo preferences and settings. Making sure the system performs the way we want becomes my responsibility if I see something coming through that does not conform.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:BenLoosli)

I think when you do not sync and things are done out of order, it gets messy.  Spend your time fixing links no?

We keep ours all in sync, including the part numbers and descriptions.

James 

Windchill 11.0

Top Tags