cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Revise/Iterate WTPart, and start from "scratch"

crosato
1-Newbie

Revise/Iterate WTPart, and start from "scratch"

I'm in the process of updating our Part/BOM loader. I was asked to create functionality to provide the user the ability to revise/iterate a part, and have the new part essentially be a "from scratch" version of the original, meaning no links/structure/etc, but the prior versions should keep all their info.

What I've done is create/persist the part, and when I apply the soft attributes, I find and remove any links (affected/resulting, describes, notes, targets, etc) and then flush it's structure. My whole problem is when dealing with WTPartUsageLink, and the sub link - for some reason I forgot roleB (which is the one I want to remove links for) is tied to the WTPartMaster, so I can't remove the substitute links without removing them for the whole part.

I guess basically what I'm wondering is if there's a way to "branch" the WTPartMaster? 99% sure I know the answer...

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags