cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Revise and Checkout from Wildfire session

HugoHermans
9-Granite

Revise and Checkout from Wildfire session

How about the "File > Revise and Checkout" from Wildfire4+, when that CADdocument is associated to an WTPart in PDMLink? Or the "Revise and Checkout" on-the-fly? These functions of WF4+ compromise the association with WTParts, or is there a solution?

Thanks in advance, Hugo.

<< ProE WF3 - PDMLink9.1 M060>>

6 REPLIES 6

We have instructed our users not to use the File>Revise and Check Out from within ProE. We found that for a WTPart, CADmodel & CADdrw association if you selected the Revise and Check Out of the CADmodelyou would get a new revision of the WTPart and CADmodel Checked out yet the CADdrw was not included. That resulted in a newer revision WTPart/CADmodel associated to the older revision CADdrw. I tried every collection preference yet could not get the Revise and Check Out to mimic theNew Revision action collection rules.I logged a case on this matter with tech support some years ago yet I don't believe the functionality has changed. We're working towards a WC10 adoption and we'll test this in WC10.

Regards, Jim

Exactly what we found. Instructing and encouraging designers not use these functions in ProE is the only thing that can be done, so far. I'm absolutely curious how PTC intended this would work?

Thanks for your input, Hugo.

I just completed prelim testing on WC10m030 with Creo Elements Pro5 m120. Got the same results. The WTPart and CADmodel get rev'd and the CADdrw is left alone.

Are you not starting from the wrong item? I do the revise and check out from the drawing.

David Haigh

Been starting with the model. In WC10m030 if you Revise and Check Out the in-session drawing the only object revised and checked out is the drawing.

Correction. Sorry for my previous post. By performing a Revise and Check Out on the in-session drawing the WTPart was alsoRevised. The CADmodel was not Revised. However, if you execute a Revise action in Commonspace starting with the CADmodel with the collection prefs set then the WTPart,CADmodel and CADdrw are all Revised. IMHO,I'm thinkingthe Revise and Check Out action should mimic the Revise action.

Announcements

Top Tags