cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Revise part to revise 3D CAD

gshankaraputhra
2-Guest

Revise part to revise 3D CAD

Dear all,

I see that in Windchill, we must revise the WTPart and 3D CAD together. Otherwise the link between them is broken. Do you think this is right? On another note, has anyone found a work around for this? If yes, I request you to share the knowledge.

Regards

Gautham

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Gautham,

We keep the revision levels same on wtparts and CAD, Do you want your wtparts and documents to be in different revision levels? I know if you revise your part independently it would still maintain the link with CAD object and you will end up finding multiple revisions of wtparts associated to the same CAD object. If you revise the CAD independently, it would break the link with wtparts.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

Hello Binesh,

I understand that's how it works in Windchill. But in our case, we have approved 3D CAD and drawings at early stages of product development. Our requirement to revise the part is when it must change after it is released for production. Until then we need to revise just the model and drawings. Does it seem right to you that the link is broken in this case?

Regards,

Gautham

Top Tags