cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Rework loop in Workflow

bwilson-2
4-Participant

Rework loop in Workflow

I have a promotion workflow with three dispositions, accepted, rejected, and rework. The problem is this. When the workflow starts the objects being promoted (CAD Docs and EPM Docs) are set to the Under Review State in their Lifecycle at which the creator has no modify access. So the creator can't modify the objects. I have tried several things but nothing has worked. I tried adding a set state robot, but that just set the state of the promotion request not the objects being promoted. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Promotion has many, many limitations vs. change management. Only choice is to reject, then modify, then a new Promotion Request. The Iteration History will display both the Rejected and Approved promotion requests once this is completed.

Notes:
- Can't use the approach of giving people Modify permisision at Under Review even temporarily because the non-latest iterations will in fact be promoted.
- Opposite from change management, the state change for a promotion request actually happens after the workflow completes.
- OTB, emails are sent on Reject (for various reasons). Need to have users carefully pay attention to them and act on them.
Announcements

Top Tags