cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Running out of temp space during replication

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Running out of temp space during replication

I ran a full (initial) replication test, which failed because my application drive (where Windchill resides on my replica server) ran out of space. I have 3 drives: one each for the OS, applications, and replica & cache vault folders.

Specificallly, the 47d30130.12f2b0fe2e0.7a2e.RMI TCP Connection(2909)-172.25.240.44.
I took a look at some of these files with a text editor.
As I suspected, these were indeed Pro/E content files.

Are these garbage that need to be manually deleted after replication? That does not seem right.
Or are they files that are queued up, and failed to complete replication to the final vaults?
Many files did make it to the final replica vault folders on the correct drive.

Is this normal behavior?
I would think they should be queued up elsewhere, such as the cache folder.
Is there a prperty to use a different folder (on a different drive)?

Gerry

4 REPLIES 4

Gerry,

I believe this is the location where windchill store files that are replicated before they are moved to their final location on vaults, floders and etc. The problem is that windchill should be cleaning up these files post replication, however sometimes that clean up does not happen. I had similar issue in 9.1 M020 and got a patch from ptc that ensured the location is cleaned up post replication.

Hope this helps,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
Infrastructure Analyst
JDPS Division SAP BASIS Team
John Deere Power Systems

Hello Alexius,

We scheduled the job for deleting the wrmftransport folder. Could you please share the patch details?

Thanks,

Hi Saravanan,

Here is the SPR for the temp patch 1870627. What the temp patch does is cleanup all files in this location that are over 24 hours old, hence preventing unnecessary files to be left in this location. According to PTC, this fix has been rolled into 9.1 M040 and later releases, not sure which release of windchill you are running.

Hope this helps,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
Infrastructure Analyst
JDPS Division SAP BASIS Team
John Deere Power Systems

In Reply to Alexius Chukwuka:

Hi Saravanan,

Here is the SPR for the temp patch 1870627. What the temp patch does is cleanup all files in this location that are over 24 hours old, hence preventing unnecessary files to be left in this location. According to PTC, this fix has been rolled into 9.1 M040 and later releases, not sure which release of windchill you are running.

Hope this helps,

Alexius C. Chukwuka

Unfortunately, I am running out of space in less than 6 hours.

Gerry

Announcements

Top Tags