cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

SEARCH OPTIONS - WINDCHILL

mslotty
5-Regular Member

SEARCH OPTIONS - WINDCHILL

Is there any way to search for promotion requests? They will not pull up via a keyword search.

We have things broken into projects, so each folder has its own set of Promo Requests.

I would like to be able to search to make sure none slipped through the cracks without being approved.

This is how we manage PDM related ECOs for a particular company, so theoretcally, I'd like to be able to search for *ecoxxxxxx* and have it pull up.

any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mslotty)

Set your search type to All Types, then in the search field enter 'eco*'.

Check the OIR for Promotion Requests to be sure of the naming convention.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

You may want to save a search with the criteria STATE not equal to Approved, then use that each time. Could also do this with a report.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Isn't it in the drop-down of the upper-right?

Types1.jpg

Or when you go to the Advanced Search and you select the Add next to the Type is it not there?

Types2.jpg

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

What version? On 10.0m040, I don't have all those options on the type menu. Is it a preference to show more types?

PDMLink 10.0m040 menu for Type

PDMLink 10.2m030 menu for Type

Both installs are OOTB and no mods done.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Ben Loosli‌,

The contents of this list is controlled by a preference.  Go to Site --> Utilities --> Preference Management --> Search.

doehr
1-Newbie

Can't you set which object types you want to find within an Advanced Search?

Go into Advanced Search, then in the Type section deselect All, click Add, and then every primary object type in the system should be there listed in alphabetical order. Select Promotion Request.

mslotty
5-Regular Member

I should have stated which Version of windchill I am using. those options in the drop box do not show up on my version.

I also had gone through my Utilities, Preference management, Search options and did not have the option to update those particular options.

At my work, we just figured out a simpler way to organize the Promo Requests, so intuitively, we can just find them.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

You have to be Site admin for that first option.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

What version are you using?

In addition to needing to look under the Site > Utilities > Preference Management, the list of objects for those preferences are also controlled by the SearchableTypes.properties. See CS128429 for information on how to add/remove types from the list of available object types to search.

Top Tags