cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

SQL Server Error

TanviYeotikar
1-Newbie

SQL Server Error

Hi,

I am facing a problem in SQL Database server. Whenever any user tries to upload a document/drawing, they are getting an error as transaction log for database is full.

Could you please help me out to rectify the problem? All windchill work has been stopped due to this issue. I have attached an image file of the issue.

Rrgards,

Tanvi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TanviYeotikar)

The transaction log will continue to grow until it is backed up or until it reaches the limit set for it or all the space on the disk. You need to take a full backup of both the database and the transaction log file on a regular basis. You can view the current size by looking at the folder the log is in. You can view the max allowed size by using SQL Server Management Studio. If you have the disk space, you can probably just increase the size limit for now to get things going again. (You may need to restart SQL Server.)

db3.PNGdb1.PNG

db2.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TanviYeotikar)

The transaction log will continue to grow until it is backed up or until it reaches the limit set for it or all the space on the disk. You need to take a full backup of both the database and the transaction log file on a regular basis. You can view the current size by looking at the folder the log is in. You can view the max allowed size by using SQL Server Management Studio. If you have the disk space, you can probably just increase the size limit for now to get things going again. (You may need to restart SQL Server.)

db3.PNGdb1.PNG

db2.PNG

Thanks a lot Tom. It was really very helpful.

Top Tags