cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

SQL custom meta

Darquise
11-Garnet

SQL custom meta

In what SQL table is the custom meta stored. For example, we have custom Objects types & attributes. I'd like to query the SQL database but I don't know in what table this information is stored? Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, So if these are global attributes, they would be located under following tables:

If they are string type attributes:

StringDefinition and StringValue

Boolean:

BooleanDefinition and BooleanValue

Timestamp

Timestampdefinition and Timestampvalue

Integer

IntegerDefinition and IntegerValue

Definition tables will have attribute name details whereas StringValue will have the value, the connection to EPMDocument will be in StringValue table, A sample query is as follows:

select C.Documentnumber EPMDocNUMBER, A.value2 "attributevalue" from StringValue A,StringDefinition A1, EPMDocument B,EPMDocumentMaster C
where A.ida3a4(+)=B.ida2a2 and B.ida3masterreference=C.ida2a2 and A.ida3a6=A1.ida2a2 and A1.name='attributename'
and B.latestiterationinfo=1;

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

hello,

you mean you created IBAs and Soft Types or you created Custom Hard Model types?

it would the 'more attributes' tab in the document information (we renamed to say Metadata)

(see attached screen shot from windchill document i )

which sql table stores this information?

in Type & Attributes, I created sub-types under EPMDocument. I then created custom attributes which i added to my subtype. Does that make sense?

Yes, So if these are global attributes, they would be located under following tables:

If they are string type attributes:

StringDefinition and StringValue

Boolean:

BooleanDefinition and BooleanValue

Timestamp

Timestampdefinition and Timestampvalue

Integer

IntegerDefinition and IntegerValue

Definition tables will have attribute name details whereas StringValue will have the value, the connection to EPMDocument will be in StringValue table, A sample query is as follows:

select C.Documentnumber EPMDocNUMBER, A.value2 "attributevalue" from StringValue A,StringDefinition A1, EPMDocument B,EPMDocumentMaster C
where A.ida3a4(+)=B.ida2a2 and B.ida3masterreference=C.ida2a2 and A.ida3a6=A1.ida2a2 and A1.name='attributename'
and B.latestiterationinfo=1;

Getting close! Thank you 🙂

I'm getting an error at:

A.idA3A4(+) = B.idA2A2

Incorrect syntax near ')'

ohh, that's for Oracle right. In SQL, it would be something like this:

from StringValue A right outer join EPMDocument B on A.idA3A4 = B.idA2A2

Yes sorry i assumed Oracle.

Top Tags