cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Search for Generic and or Instance in Intralink 10

wlast
1-Newbie

Search for Generic and or Instance in Intralink 10

I am trying to find lost vendor components that need to be moved to the library. Most of these are family table related. Is there a way to search for generic/Instance/family table in intralink 10? 

2 REPLIES 2
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:wlast)

There is a way.  We have it implemented but I will have to get back to you on it.  There is a customization that has to be done.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:wlast)

Was easier to find than I thought.

And this came from PTC.

This can be done by performing the following:

1. Modify the following properties file: /codebase/com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/search/server/SearchableAttributesByType.properties

2. Add ",familyTableStatus" to the end of the advancedSearch.wt.epm.EPMDocument property

Example: advancedSearch.wt.epm.EPMDocument=authoringApplication,folderingInfo.cabinet,CADName,thePersistInfo.createStamp,iterationInfo.creator,defaultUnit,docSubType,docType,format,lock.locker,name,number,ownerApplication,state.state,thePersistInfo.modifyStamp,iterationInfo.modifier,organizationReference,description,familyTableStatus

3. Restart the MethodServer

4. Add the familyTableStatus to the search criteria in an Advanced Search. It will be at the bottom of the More menu entry.

familyTableStatus.jpg

Then you type in a 0, 1, or 2.

0 = All non-family table objects.  This includes drawings.

1 = All family table instance models only.

2 = All generic models only.

Top Tags