cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Security Labels Command line tool question

Wayne_Beck
11-Garnet

Security Labels Command line tool question

I am running 10.2 M020.  When I try to run the command java wt.access.UpdateSecurityLabels -inputFilePath="F:\doc_security_set.xlsx" -allVersions It ask me to login in.  I have tried my wcadmin account, my admin account and my personal account who is also a site admin.  I receive the Error: Unable to connect to the Windchill server. Contact your administrator to

start Windchill before you retry.  Windchill is up and running fine.  I have verified that all these accounts belong to the site admin group.  The install guide says to set this property

wt.access.UpdateSecurityLabels.authorizedParticipant or it defaults to the Site Admin group.  Has anyone else ran into this problem.

3 REPLIES 3

Do you see any error in Method Server or Server Manager logs?

Yes I a few different errors.  Here is one.

2016-10-26 09:18:28,582 INFO  [RMI TCP Connection(9)-10.10.11.129] wt.system.err beckw01 - log4j:ERROR Exception outputting TSV header file

2016-10-26 09:18:28,583 INFO  [RMI TCP Connection(9)-10.10.11.129] wt.system.err beckw01 - java.io.FileNotFoundException: c: mpReport-1477487908581-22948-23.tsv (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

Do you know what this wt.properties should look like?  wt.access.UpdateSecurityLabels.authorizedParticipant  The config guide does not say how to set it.  By default my account is part of the Site Admin group.  So I did not think I would need to set this.

If you go into Windchill then search for: Specifying a UFID it shows how to build the entry with the right format. That being said I will warn you that I'm getting the same error and this is not fixing it. This is what I get in my report even though it is absolutely updating the Security Labels so it's reading the input file. And it's adding the columns and the error to the output file so that's not the problem. So anyone got a clue why it's not working? 

COLUMNS: Object Identifier Display Identity Status Message Sovereign Export Restricted Information Old Sovereign Export Restricted Information Foreign Export Restricted Information Old Foreign Export Restricted Information LE.Timestamp LE.LoggerName LE.Level LE.ThreadName
ERROR: Input file is: C:\ptc\Windchill_11\Windchill\src\loadFiles\WCD47-Test3.xlsx 1552487432854 wt.access.UpdateSecurityLabelsReport ERROR RMI TCP Connection(35)-158.186.81.231

Top Tags