cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Security Labels & ProjectLink

CBaker
1-Newbie

Security Labels & ProjectLink

I've recentlyimplemented security labels on our test system, and I've noticed just about any type of object we can create now has them, except for projects, which is something we're going to need. I was reading through the security labels implementation guide, and it mentions that the list of objects that have security labels enabled can be found at <windchill>/conf/exposedSecurityLabelObjects.xml. Going through that file, I didn't see any values for projects (wt.projmgmt.admin.Project2 I believe), so I added <object name="wt.projmgmt.admin.Project2"/"> inside the exposedSecurityLabelObjects element, and restarted the system to no avail.

Has anyone successfully added security labels to ProjectLink before? If so, could you give some advice as to what I'm doing wrong? Perhaps there's a command I need to run in the shell to get the changes to stick?

Thanks in advance!

- CB

5 REPLIES 5
ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:CBaker)

Project2 is the right class file, you may need to edit the JSP's to add the security labels wizard step to the create.jsp and edit.jsp under netmarkets/project

They will then show up.

What are you using the labels for?

Projects can be soft typed and security labels really only add an extra ACL for read access. If you are not a member of the container team, you cannot read or search for the data usually.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
CBaker
1-Newbie

The users have requested adding security labels for ITAR control. Going through the create.jsp file, it looks like I'll need to add the step for security labels; would you happen to know which of the JSP files to reference in the /SecurityLabels directory?

Thanks,

- CB

In Reply to Dave DeMay:

Project2 is the right class file, you may need to edit the JSP's to add the security labels wizard step to the create.jsp and edit.jsp under netmarkets/project

They will then show up.

What are you using the labels for?

Projects can be soft typed and security labels really only add an extra ACL for read access. If you are not a member of the container team, you cannot read or search for the data usually.

ddemay
1-Newbie

Its based on action framework, just copy the wizard step tag out of create.jsp in netmarkets/part/

CBaker
1-Newbie

I see what you're talking about now. However, we're using the older JSP to create projects (create.jsp versus the newer createProplProject.jsp) which I believe sets its steps up likewhat's shown below; have you had any experience with this?

step = new NmWizardStep();
step.setName("projectTeam");
step.setLabel(WTMessage.getLocalizedMessage(RESOURCE, projectResource.CREATE_PROJECT_TEAM, null, locale));
step.setUrl("/netmarkets/jsp/project/createProjectTeam.jsp");
step.setContainingMultipartPostData(false);
step.setOnActivateMethod("disableQuickCreateStep");
wizard.getSteps().add(step);

In Reply to Dave DeMay:

Its based on action framework, just copy the wizard step tag out of create.jsp in netmarkets/part/

RussPratt
5-Regular Member

Chris,

What is the root business behavior you hope to implement by applying the Security Label framework to the Project2 object? Even if you are successful in making them work with the Project2 object you may still not have what you want.

1. Just making the Label selection visible in the create UI, may not make the access control rules actually apply to the Project object.
  2. Assuming the SL access rules do apply, they will apply only to the Project2 object itself, they will not "propogate" down to the folders, documents, parts, etc. that you create in the Project.

Russ

Announcements

Top Tags