cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Security Labels - Removing Set Security Labels tab from new objects

CraigFinney
6-Contributor

Security Labels - Removing Set Security Labels tab from new objects

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: I have security labels setup, only for the download ack message. Which is working. However, what I would like to do is to remove the Set Security Labels tab from New Parts, Change Objects, ... (really only want them on Documents, and if possible to a specific subdocument type).

Description:

CraigFinney_0-1717784231748.png

I have edit exposedSecurityLabelObjects.xml to only include wt.doc.WTDocuments, but this just removes the Edit Security Labels from the Action Menu.    From the wording on PTC site, by editing out object types, it removes the ability to set a security label on the object but why is the Set Security Labels tab still there?  How do I remove tab 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CraigFinney
6-Contributor
(To:Fadel)

This did not work as I though, or hoped it would.  But it did lead me to the files to update to remove it from other object, i.e. Parts, Change Requests.  I was able to remove it from the other objects by commenting out <jca:wizardStep action="securityLabelStep" type="securityLabels"/> in the create.jsp's.   By commenting it out on the document types, I am still able to edit them after creation.    Just wondering if this is a bad practice modifying the creates?

In the mean time, I will continue to look at your solution to see if I can limited the tab to a specific subtype. 

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:CraigFinney)

try to add below Java script at the end of create.jspf. Just update the type and wizard step based on your need.

<script language="JavaScript">
PTC.driverAttributes.on("afterRefresh",function() {
var wizardStep= "securityLabelStep";
var type_beingCreated = document.getElementById("createType").value;
var type_allowed = ‘wt.doc.WTDocument’;
if (type_beingCreated == type_allowed) {
insertStep(wizardStep);
} else {
removeStep(wizardStep)
}
}
</script>

do a clean start and see how it goes 

Fede
CraigFinney
6-Contributor

Thank you Fede... I will give that a try.

CraigFinney
6-Contributor

This did not work as I though, or hoped it would.  But it did lead me to the files to update to remove it from other object, i.e. Parts, Change Requests.  I was able to remove it from the other objects by commenting out <jca:wizardStep action="securityLabelStep" type="securityLabels"/> in the create.jsp's.   By commenting it out on the document types, I am still able to edit them after creation.    Just wondering if this is a bad practice modifying the creates?

In the mean time, I will continue to look at your solution to see if I can limited the tab to a specific subtype. 

Thank you

Top Tags