cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Send to PDM through API or Webject

MelissaAlford
1-Newbie

Send to PDM through API or Webject

We have a great deal of documents scattered throughout a project that need to be sent to PDM. Someone has kept track of exactly which documents needs to be sent over on a spreadsheet. The easiest way I can think of to do this is to write a script that uses a spreadsheet to send the documents to PDM one by one. I was wondering if anyone knew of a java snippet or Webject that was capable of sending to PDMLink.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

I have a IE task I can share with you to upload a document to Windchill (root level folder of a library). You might still need to work on a script to read from spreadsheet for filename and call this IE task.

Actually the document already exists in Windchill in a Project context. I need to some code to "send to PDM" (the document). That way it would be in the product with a share in project.

Mellissa, did you get the solution for this? If yes, I would appreciate if you please share the snippet?

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:JoginderMatharu)

It looks like this would be wt.sandbox.SandboxService -- which is currently not a supported API.

I hesitated to answer due to the fear that the answer would lead to folk running out and using this API even though it is not supported.

That will lead to problems for both you and PTC down the road. Developers need to know which APIs are supported as they can and do completely change the behavior of or remove unsupported APIs at any time, even in patches. Thus while I understand that it is common to find the need for APIs beyond the supported set in customizations, it is important to take the issue up with PTC and get the APIs you need supported (or learn of alternate, preferred approachs whose APIs are supported).

Top Tags