cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Server Manager hangs on startup and Method Server fails to launch in Windchill PDMLink

dnpermadhy-2
11-Garnet

Server Manager hangs on startup and Method Server fails to launch in Windchill PDMLink

Version: Windchill 11.0

Use Case: Windchill in our customer; methode server cann't start with error: "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied".

Description:

We are using Windchill PDMLink Version 11.0 M030/Oracle 11

1. Since last week, CAD Creo users cannot/slowresponse access to the server. First I was check via status server >> average response time (red).
  2. Then, I restarted Windchill services (WC shell ; Stop >> Start).
  3. But in this point, windchill methode server cann't start back to stopped status in services.msc windows. Users can not acces anymore (Service unavailable).
  4. We checked  log,result at screenshot below :

dnpermadhy2_0-1721709455258.png

• Next ,we checked the DB server ( we use separate server for DB Oracle).

DB_Oracle_Storage.jpeg

Storage almost full,then we extended storage tablespace.

Then we try again to start the Windchill,but unfortunelly it stills no started.

Do you know what happen? Server manager likes hangUp! methodserver fails to start.

Information in log :

dnpermadhy2_1-1721710126252.png

We follow the resolution CS125275 below,but still not works:

MetodeServer_not running_resolution.JPG

Do you have any others ideas/suggestions?

Thank you for helps.

==deddy==

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dnpermadhy-2 

If the log file says wrong user name or password, I would really check if the user name and password is correct in  the db.properties.

Yes the password is encrypted but I would test the login to the DB with the user that is used for Windchill db connection.

For example, the password could expired in DB based on policies or something else. 

Also reset the password in db.propertioes that works with login in a sqlplus

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Articles:

Hi Vladimir ,

Problem still not resolved(methode server nor starting), I have followed the steps in the article CS50219.

Does anyone have another solution or Best Practise Windchill PDMLink with Oracle DB?

ORA_0107_260724.JPG

Regards

Deddy

Hi @dnpermadhy-2 

If the log file says wrong user name or password, I would really check if the user name and password is correct in  the db.properties.

Yes the password is encrypted but I would test the login to the DB with the user that is used for Windchill db connection.

For example, the password could expired in DB based on policies or something else. 

Also reset the password in db.propertioes that works with login in a sqlplus

PetrH

Hello @dnpermadhy-2

Looks like you have a response for your question. If it helped to answer your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags