cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Set Due Date for Tasks in Custom Workflow

MichaelWright
1-Newbie

Set Due Date for Tasks in Custom Workflow

To give you a little history on this question, I am setting up a Test Request Process as a custom workflow. Some Tests require longer to perform than others, so I would like to be able to allow the user to vary the due date of certain tasks.

I am looking to set up a task for a user to define a due date for a certain task. I have played around with the WT.workflow.engine.WFDueDate but to my understanding that sets up the Due Date for the entire workflow, which I don't want to do at this time. Is there a special class for a Task Due Date that I can use? I know we can set up the duration of a task, but since sometimes the tasks can take longer than others, I want to be able to capture the actual due date of that task.

If any of you have any better solutions, that would be welcomed as well. This date information will ultimately be used for reporting and metrics to determine % on time. Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

This came up as a requirement for another customer as well. We haven't yet done any analysis on it. So any information you get on it will be definitely helpful.

Can anyone point me to how to either design or use due dates in a promotion workflow? I cannot see the usefulness of having a deadline hard coded into the workflow as each promotion can have different dealing requirements.

Kathy

Windchill 9.1 M060 test

Top Tags